This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Using Bugle beads in crazy quilting

Today I sketched a few ideas for using Bugle beads as part of seam embellishments in Crazy Quilting. I have heaps of bugle beads in a tin, all colours and sizes and I thought they'd be good to include as part of a design. I used the candle idea on my Christmas Ornaments and that worked so the others probably will too. Feel free to use these ideas yourself, I'm sure there are hundreds more ways to use these beads.
Using Bugle beads in crazy quilting

5 comments:

Linda said...

Ooooh, I like that fan at bottom right. Can I snaffle it? Like the corner at bottom left, too. Think I will squirrel that away somewhere. :) Bugle beads are not something I use a lot, so will have to explore a bit more. Thanks!

arlee said...

What great ideas for bugle beads--i usually end up using them to "draw" lines with, but these are very creative ways to incorporate them!

Dawn said...

This is a great use of a journal for putting down and sharing your ideas. I used to do some similar sketches when I was crazyquilting, but not as pretty as yours. Lately, most of my creative energies are going to journaling. It was fun seeing how you combine the two arts.

Darlene said...

What a great resource, Thank YOU!

craftirn said...

Thanks for having your blog still up. I enjoy looking