This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Front of Dianne's bag


Front of Dianne's bag
Originally uploaded by Crazydolldresser.
The barter system is alive and well at my place! A work colleague, Dianne, knitted me a winter scarf and hat, a summer weight dressy scarf and finished off a woollen cardigan I started knitting in 1995 and never finished. In return, I made her this cq bag. The photo makes it look uneven, but believe me, it was perfectly balanced in real life! Dianne wears a lot of browns and autumn colours so it seemed a good choice of colour for her bag as well....and because some of the variegated velvet had a bit of dull turquoisey blue in it, I was able to add the very vintage velvet flowers and leaves at the top. This is the first side I did, although the bag doesn't really have a front or a back.

No comments: