This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Half doll hat-pin cushion

Just to prove that I haven't been idle while DH has been digging, I received a kit for a "hat pin poof" from Flights of Fancy Boutique which consisted of a 16 circle of crinkled fabric, a large silk rose and two silk leaves, 2 long hat pins and a bag of assorted beads with which to create the hat pins themselves. I started by gathering the circle of fabric during my lunch hour and stuffing it at home that night. I played around with the flower, added some more flowers of my own but still wasn't happy with it. I draped the cheap cotton crocheted lace collar over what was now an 8 inch cushion and voila! A skirt! I had the repro half doll so put her in the middle of the cushion and gathered it up tight, threaded some silk ribbon through the top of the collar and I have a beautiful authentic looking hat pin doll. The whole thing took about an hour and a half to complete.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Okay, last comment today, but I simply couldn't leave without saying how wonderful this little girl is! I hope you still have time to create!