This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Thursday, June 01, 2006

My studio 001


My studio 001
Originally uploaded by Crazydolldresser.
Well, this would have to be the best thing that has happened to me in a lifetime! Eddie and I paid a deposit on a studio for me to be built in the back yard. It will measure 5 metres across by 4 metres deep and will be insulated on the walls and ceiling because of our high summer temperatures. A split-system air conditioner and heater will be on one wall and a large window in the other. This is the corner of the garden which will have to go, as you can see, not much there anyway.......shame about the lemon tree! Eddie has decided to clear the fences of creepers and paint them all green with terracotta capping before the studio goes in. The front of it will line up with the brick paving of the patio in the foreground, the brick paving where the garden lounge is will go, the back of the studio will be the back fence and it will go about as far again to the left of the photo. I am a very happy little Vegemite at the moment!

3 comments:

Helen said...

Lucky You Vivienne. Now if I win the lotto on Saturday.......LOL
Maybe it would be worthwhile to try transplanting that beautiful lemon tree even into a large tub.It looks like its a very good bearer.

Viv and Eddie said...

Thankyou for the good idea, Helen. I will try to transplant it, I've got nothing to lose have I, as it will be dug up anyway. Last year it had a few huge lemons, this year it is covered with smaller ones.

Julia said...

Viv,
Lucky you...you will have a beautiful studio to create in.
It will be perfect...you will be able to just close the door behind you each day and leave everything as is for the next day...