This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Thursday, June 01, 2006

op shop finds 001


op shop finds 001
Originally uploaded by Crazydolldresser.
It was a beautiful autumn day, so my husband Eddie and I both took the day off work and drove to a country town east of Perth called Toodyay. We wandered around the main street, had a lovely meal in one of the local pubs and I went shopping in St Vincent de Paul's charity shop. These were the best op shop finds I have discovered in a long time. I paid just $10 for both tops, the red one has swirls of red pearls in three sizes with other swirls of red glass beads and the yellow linen blouse has rayon lace around the sleeves and collar, a different wider rayon lace around the top of the sleeves at the shoulders and four rayon lace rose motifs on the fronts. I think the blouse must have been made up white and then dyed because everything is exactly the same shade of yellow.

No comments: