This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Thursday, June 01, 2006

SRE flowers 001


SRE flowers 001
Originally uploaded by Crazydolldresser.
Dianne gave me some left-over coppery coloured knitting yarn so I thought I would include it on her bag somewhere. It was a coarse, scratchy metallic braid and I tried just stitching it along a seam which didn't work so I worked some basic silk ribbon embroidered flowers along a seam. To my surprise it worked really well and apart from having to use a needle with a very large eye and having to really tug it through the seam, it wasn't hard to sew. The end result is some very satisfactory daisies which added sparkle and glitz to the crazy quilting.

No comments: