This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Geisha Girl Bliss bag


Geisha Girl Bliss bag
Originally uploaded by Crazydolldresser.
This is probably my most favourite bliss bag I have put together yet. It features Edwardian actress, Miss Marie Studholme in a Geisha costume and the photo has been hand-coloured in a curious mixture of pale yellow, aqua blue and pink flowers with green leaves. I really enjoyed choosing fabrics and trims to match the colours in the photo even making pink, lemon and blue "skeins" of Ardern's Silkateen very vintage thread. I love working with vintage threads as they have a totally different effect to our modern ones. I am going to make myself a block using Miss Marie which I want to put in a frame which has a cardboard mount with a sort of bamboo/straw pattern in fawn colours. This will be my project to work on while I'm in Sydney with my friend Mary Lewis.

2 comments:

NormaH said...

Vi, she looks absolutely gorgeous.... yummy colors!!! I might just have to order one of these.

Susan said...

What a wonderful bliss bag! What fun this would be to do. I'm waiting patiently for mine to arrive - but now I'll be gone for two weeks, and won't see it, even if it does arrive! Boo hoo!