This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Sunday, September 17, 2006

It's finally happening!


my studio 002
Originally uploaded by Crazydolldresser.
The bloke in charge of the concreting team thought I was a complete nutter, running around taking photos of the wooden formwork, the black plastic and the steel re-inforcing mesh on top. It looks so small in the photo but the studio will actually measure five metres (nearly sixteen feet) across by four metres (just over 13 feet) deep. I hope it is big enough to keep my stash, my cutting table, sewing machines and overlockers etc..... I really can't believe that after all this time of waiting, it is finally happening.

4 comments:

Calidore said...

Taking photos of wooden formwork, plastic and mesh sounds pefectly reasonable to me. You should have seen the look on the faces of the workmen when we were building our house...lol. Worse thing is they really wondered about Ashley when he started taking photos too...roflol. Yeah that the studio is "finally" on it's way.

Julia said...

it's happening!
I'd be taking photos too,,

NormaH said...

There's nothing wrong with taking construction photos. I did the same thing when they built our son's house. YEAH!!!!!!!! for Viv's studio.......

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I know this is exciting to be getting a new studio. It sounds like a nice size to me. You can always use wall storage when it gets too crowded,LOL. I can't wait to see it completed . You will have such fun!