This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

This is the meccano set which hopefully, one day.........sigh.........might become my studio. At the moment it just consists of the welded wall frames and roofing trusses, roofing metal sheets, weathertex slats for the sides, gutters and downpipes and a box of bits which bolt it all together. This all arrived three weeks ago but because the sliding door and two windows hadn't arrived, it wasn't possible to construct it. Well, three weeks later, the door and windows have still not arrived and if they are not here by Monday I am going to lodge an official complaint against the company with the Ministry of Fair Trading. It has been nearly six months since I signed the contract and all we have is a concrete slab covered in meccano bits. It's dragging on far too long now....... Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

abeautifulcraft said...

It will happen Viv ... and it will be well worth the wait ...... promise! LOL You won't know what to do with all that extra room you will have ....

Elizabet said...

I hope it gets done soon Viv! Your quilt is beautiful!I'm working on my first big quilt in CQ and I've never had the patience for regular patchwork, especially hexagons!

Viv and Eddie said...

Thanks Sandie and Elizabet for your positive comments re. my studio. I wish it would happen soon - maybe God is saying "Not yet".......who knows??

NormaH said...

"All good things come to them that wait." or so I've been told VBG and then you won't know what to do with yourself LOL

Julia said...

Oh Viv!
it's taking so long...but it will be great when it's up and your in there playing away to your hearts content.
When are you off to England?
Hope it's all done by then.
Hugs