This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Best Library Bag Ever!!


Success! Taylia is so proud of her finished Library Bag. The only sewing that I did was the line around the top of the actual bag to (a) close the opening where she turned it inside-out and to (b) make the handles a little bit more secure. She took to the sewing machine like a duck to water and made the bag in two 2-hour stretches with a little break in between for Nanna to have a cuppa. I took the photos as she worked so she can take them home to show Mummy and Daddy because she reckoned that they would not believe she did it all herself.

7 comments:

Bear said...

Viv - and TAYLA
welcome Tay to the wonderful and fabulous world of sewing- may your stitches always be straight and your smile as wide as it is on this completion of your very first sewn together item --You have made a beautiful library bag, and I congratulate you for getting those very pretty fabrics out of Nans stash!!- Shows you also have a very good eye for colour combinations as well- So Nana I say yippee another CQer on the way and to Tay- Congratulations little one-- you have made a seriously beautiful library bag!!!
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxoxoxo

Sandie said...

Taylia, you have a beautiful smile and should be so proud of yourself!!!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Taylia did a wonderful job on her beautiful bag. What a treat to teach a child to sew. Good for you!

Julia said...

Congratulations Taylia...a job well done!.
I hope you go on to do more sewing, I was about your age when I started to sew..

NormaH said...

To you both - Viv and Taylia - Congratulations on a job well done..... Viv for the teaching and Tay for the sewing. It is truly a beautiful bag!

silkworm said...

Hi Viv and wonder student Taylia.
I scrolled through the library bag making posts, you have great taste Taylia, the bag looks wonderful and your catch phrases could be "Let's Sew" or "Let's read"
This bag will be an inspiration to do both. Well done Taylia!

Vivian said...

Hi Vivienne and Tayla!
I recognized that big smile as the one my students wore along with the clothing they made in Home Ec. class. Sewing is a wonderful skill! Vivian (in Canada)