This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Block 6 Fan Block

Block 6 is called a Fan block for obvious reasons.......the lace motif at the bottom set the tone for the whole block with fan shaped stitches and other fan charms added.  The beige satin patch in the centre shone like a beacon, overshadowing everything else so I Kantha quilted it to give it more texture and less shine.  I didn't realise when I did this that February's Victorian Symbolism challenge with the on-line crazy quilt group is Fans so I'm out of sequence.  Not to worry, on to block 7.

3 comments:

Faye said...

Lovely Viv...

Rose Anne B said...

WOW I'm not sure what Kantha quilting is but when I clickeded on the image I see it's sort of like smocking and WOW a fan resemblance for sure! AWESOME!

Sandra said...

All your blocks are so beautiful!

sandra :)