This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

2011 Tone on Tone RR

Yesterday I received Susan's naked block in the Southern Cross Crazies Tone on Tone Round Robin. I had no idea just how much stuff in the teal/purple/pink colour range I had in my stash until I started looking. Wow, it was like Christmas come early. Anyway I sat up last night sewing and again this morning and here is the end result. My only problem was remembering that there are four other people besides me that will work on this block and to make sure I only did 1/5th of the area.  I hope Susan likes what I have done because before I started, the block looking oriental now it looks floral.

4 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

What a brilliant idea, I love what you have done.
First glance and the colours are not inviting but isn't it amazing how the blocks transform as you embellish.
Love the parasol one, really beautiful
Briony
x

Viv and Eddie said...

Thank you Briony for your nice comments on both blocks. It's true what you say, once the naked block gets embellished, it comes alive.

Heikki said...

This is a real beauty!

Ritva said...

Oh, it was me, Ritva behind Heikki, my husband ;)